Nowadays, Virtual Assistants are one of the most important things is personal and professional life. By handling different tasks, these tools make our lives easy and efficient. In this blog, we will explore the tasks and activities done by Virtual Assistants.
Let’s dive into it.
What is a Virtual Assistant?
A Virtual Assistant is an application that performs various tasks and gives assistance to its user. Virtual Assistant can perform various types of tasks based on the user input, and it is designed to understand natural language commands.
These digital assistants are run by Artificial Intelligence(AI) which constantly learns and adapts to its user’s preference. Virtual Assistant comes in a variety of forms, like built-in apps on laptops and smartphones.
Here is a list of tasks that are performed by Virtual Assistants on a daily basis.
1. Morning Routine
Just like a human, a Virtual Assistant starts its day by making a list of daily tasks, checking emails, and ensuring that the Virtual Assistant can assist its user correctly.
2. Email Management
Managing emails is one of the basic duties of a Virtual Assistant. Managing emails includes replying to emails, erasing spam mail, and identifying important sections of a message. Virtual Assistant helps its users by sorting important mail in an organized way.
3. Calendar Management
Every business needs to organize their business schedule in an organized way. Virtual assistants can schedule meetings and give reminders about the deadline for upcoming events of that business company. Also, it’s necessary to collaborate with other teams and clients to maximize the process.
4. Online Research
Online research can help you understand what is happening and trending in the world of business. It’s important to do online research for certain collaborations. Online research is a lengthy and time-consuming task, but with the help of a VA this research can be done in a more effective and faster way now.
5. Document Management
A VA can help you to do the job of necessary paperwork like copying, scanning and faxing documents. Also, it makes sure that all the documents and well labeled, can be accessible by the team members, and securely backed up in order to maintain efficient workflow in the office.
6. Customer Support
When it comes to customer support, Virtual Assistant plays a vital role. VA answers the questions of its customers and solves issues so that the customers can have a positive experience.
Also, most businesses now have a live chat option which is moderated by Virtual assistants. This live chatbot’s basic job is to respond to its customer and give necessary information about the service needed by the customer.
Moreover, managing phone calls, transferring the call to the appropriate person and making appointments are also done by the VA these days.
7. Processing Refunds
When it comes to processing a refund, it’s very sensitive and time-effective work for a human. Hiring a VA can make this job easy. By maintaining the company guideline for refund policy, Virtual Assistant can do this job very quickly by making inquiries about the payment and updating the customer about the refund information along with the status.
8. Personal Activities
Nowadays, people are more comfortable with Virtual assistants for accomplishing their personal activities. This includes:
- Planning Events: Meetings, Birthdays, Weeding, Tour.
- Booking Venues: Making reservations for restaurants and various events.
- Managing Guest Lists: Managing guest lists so that no one gets left off.
- Booking Appointments: A personal VA can book doctor schedules, vets, salons, and other required appointments and give a reminder before the appointment day.
- Paying Bills and Tracking Orders: Pays bills timely so that you don’t have to take the hassle and also monitor your online order by tracking it.
9. Recruiting Task
With the help of a Virtual Assistant, recruiting new people in an office becomes an easy job. VA can do the following things in a company by making HR’s job easy for hiring tasks.
- Creating job ads for the position an office needs.
- Posting job ads to various online job platforms.
- Making interview and test questions based on required skills.
- Scheduling interview times and dates and notifying candidates via calls or emails.
- Preparing appointment letters where position, salary, and benefits are mentioned.
- Onboarding: Orientation processes of the new recruits and assigning their initial tasks.
10. Data Entry
A Virtual Assistant can do the data entry work of a company more efficiently, which saves a lot of time for that company. This involves:
- Data Input
- Data Processing with accuracy and required formatting.
- Transcribing data from interviews, audio notes, and meetings and converting this to text and other formats.
- Maintains the company’s database with necessary business information.
There are a lot of other things a Virtual Assistant can do in daily life, from managing emails, content writing, maintaining websites and so on. Virtual Assistant plays a key role in a person’s life as well as a company’s daily work so that work can be done easily and more efficiently by saving time.
Whether it’s a startup business or a big company, the help of a Virtual Assistant can ensure the growth of that company. For a simple and clear understanding of the different roles a virtual assistant can play, from managing tasks to creative work, check out our article on ‘Types Of Virtual Marketing Assistants & Their Benefits‘.